February 28, 2006
Arts and Crafts: Apple's Intel commercial mashed up with Cronenberg's Scanners +
That stuff is cool, but not as cool as David Cronenberg's 1981 sci-fi classic Scanners, in which people can telepathically explode each other's heads.
Which is why I've mashed up Apple's Intel ad with video from the "clean room" scenes in Scanners:
- Apple's Intel ad, remixed with Scanners (3.9 mb Quicktime)
- Apple's Intel ad, remixed with Scanners (3.3 mb mpeg4, iPod-compatible)
- Update: Watch it side-by-side with the original Apple ad (3.5 mb Quicktime, silent) (thanks, tkg)
If you play it side-by-side with the original Apple ad, you'll note that it matches pretty much frame-for-frame.
- Right-click the links and choose "Save as..." to download the videos. (For some reason, they tend to crash my PC when I try to view them directly in the browser. Sorry if this happens to you.)
- Download the latest version of Quicktime if you can't play the video.
- Besides lots of editing and a couple dissolves, I didn't alter any of the shots, except to slow some of them them down and, in one case, I reversed the camera motion.
- I made it on my Mac using free/open source software software like Handbrake and free-ish software like MPEG Streamclip and iMovie.
TrackBack URL for this entry: