February 11, 2008
When do we get our TV back?
Actually, all the "American Gladiators" has been pretty awesome. And it's been a relief to know I'm not missing any important television. But this is America: we're sick of talking to each other at night, books are for putting you to sleep, and we need our scripted half-hour comedies.
Here's the latest Times status report of when and if all the network shows plan to return with new episodes. Some notable ones:
- "30 Rock" and "The Office": a few new episodes in April or May.
- "Ugly Betty": probably shooting a few new episodes soon.
- "Lost": season will only be 13 episodes. [Good news, since that's about all the good material they usually come up with for a season.]
- "24": abandoning this season all together.
- "Heroes": probably not coming back this season.
- "Bionic Woman": gone.
- "Terminator": once they run out of episodes, gone until the fall. Or forever.
- "Simpsons" and "Family Guy": have just been obliviously chugging along all this time.
Only major networks are included on the list, which prompted a lot of panicky comments from "Battlestar Galactica" fans. It comes back in March.
TrackBack URL for this entry: