November 3, 2008
Halloween Parade pics
[photo by Camarolf]
Halloween fell on a Friday this year, and it was a warm night, so the Village Halloween Parade was especially popular. Some sponsored floats pulled out at the last minute, which just made more room for the tens of thousands of marchers, and a reported 2 million spectators lining 6th Avenue.
- Wall-E and Eve
- Photo booth filmstrip
- A posse of Richard Simmons
- Scuba diver being eaten by a shark
- The curious "yip yip yip yip" aliens from Sesame Street
- Pac-man with ghosts
- Highbrow costumes: Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes
- Lowbrow costumes: Curious George, Spidey, and Pac-Man
- Buffalo Bill For Obama, a political Silence of the Lambs conceptual costume, I think
- The zombie nurse with zombie baby from Peter Jackson's Dead Alive
- Spartan warrior from 300
- Posse of scary Stanley Kubrick characters
- A zombie with Hindu deities
- Alive Michael Phelps meets zombie Michael Phelps
- Bjorn Borg
And one of my favorites: white pointy-headed guys covered in inflated rubber gloves. There is probably an underlying concept here that I'm not understanding, but I still love it.
[photo by Efreet69]
Many more photos are up on Flickr.
TrackBack URL for this entry: