January 19, 2006
When Helpful Signs Raise More Questions Than They Answer
On my way to purchase some two cent stamps at the neighborhood post office today, I encountered this puzzling sign on the front door:
Since I am so easily confused, my first thoughts were:
1) Damn, November 11th - that was months ago! Doesn't anyone check this stuff?
2) Ve....ver.....Vertan's Day? Like.....Michael Vartan? Michael Vartan Day? Yeah, he's hot - I could get behind that.......
3) But that seems kind of weird, to have a Federal holiday for a Canadian.
4) And besides, how do you celebrate? Send a card to Jennifer Garner?
5) I wonder if they have any two cent stamps left.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference When Helpful Signs Raise More Questions Than They Answer: