September 13, 2009
Remakes and non-resurrections
Some bits of news from the last few days:
- St. Etienne is going to rerelease a new version of the Foxbase Alpha album remixed by Richard X, who's produced your favorite M.I.A., Sugababes, Kelis, and Annie tracks. It's titled, of course, Foxbase Beta, and comes out later this month.
- Disney says is has no plans to resurrect the 1986 Michael Jackson Francis Ford Coppola-directed Captain EO at the theme parks. Apparently it's not clear who even owns it, and can you imagine how much FFC would love to make everyone forget it ever happened? It's on YouTube.
- Guess who the Coens are considering for the star of their True Grit remake? The Dude.
- Trailer for a new font: Heroine.
- King of the B's Roger Corman is getting a lifetime achievement Oscar. Awesome.
- Coverage of Dominick Dunne's funeral, which had the kind of amazing guest list you'd expect.
- Times on a new Dogfish Head beer: chicha, the corn beer that's all over South America. " In order to follow an authentic Peruvian method as closely as possible, the corn would be milled and moistened in the chicha maker's mouth. In other words, they spit in the beer." Yuuuck!
TrackBack URL for this entry: