June 30, 2008
IM movie clips
Of course, it's this mentality that led to the whole world repeating "You're so money!" and "Yeah baby!" over and over again in 1997, but I see his point. (Damn, my references are old. I just can't think of any annoying catchphrases from Iron Man.)
The service is being tested now, but they say they already have 2,000 snippets licensed from studios that you can drag into your IM conversations. Neat!
The site offers a few examples of their available clips, which are mostly famous 2-3 second bits from movies like Austin Powers, American Psycho, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Borat, Scarface, some Bugs Bunny, and a Kanye video.
I thought I'd suggest a few clips I'd like to see:
- "It places the lotion in the basket" from Silence of the Lambs
- "I think men are wonderful", Katharine Hepburn in The Philadelphia Story
- "We thought you was a toad" from O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- "Shut shut shut shut up", scary Philip Seymour Hoffman in Punch-Drunk Love
- "Is that an alcoholic beverage? Is it for me?" from the highly-quotable The Philadelphia Story
- "Don't Speak", Dianne Wiest from Bullets Over Broadway
- "You're too much trouble. Get some therapy." from Tootsie
- Anything that either Teri Garr or Bill Murray says in Tootsie. It's a one-liner goldmine.
TrackBack URL for this entry: